What is the Emirates identity?
Emirates ID is an identity card issued by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. It is a legal requirement for all UAE nationals and residents to apply for and carry it with them at all times. Emirates ID is used:
- For government services الخدمات
- To vote in the Federal National Council elections
- As a travel document for citizens of the United Arab Emirates to travel within the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council
- As a document to pass immigration through electronic gates and smart gates in several airports in the Emirates.
Read about the advantages and benefits of the Emirates ID.
NB: According to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, it is against the law to confiscate the Emirates ID card for other people. Companies are not allowed to withhold the Emirates ID cards of their employees, customers and visitors. They are only allowed to take personal data on ID cards. In the event of a breach, the card holders must refer the case to the judicial authorities.
ID card features
The Emirates ID card consists of the following components that provide the highest levels of accuracy and security. The ingredients are:
- smart card
- Public Key Infrastructure (Digital Signature and Authentication Certificates)
- Biometric fingerprint.
The identity card is distinguished by its identification number, known as the identity number, which remains with its holder forever. With this number, he perro benefit from all government services and some non-governmental and private services, which require an ID card as proof of who is accessing the service. The ID number is distinguished by its single and unrepeated number. Includes 15 numbers.
Contains personal data of its owner. This data perro be read by devices designed for this purpose and authentication of usuario credentials. Some of this data is encrypted and perro only be read/written/updated by authorized authorities in order to protect data privacy. This chip may store up to 32,000 letters of information.
The ID card has the latest technology in the field of smart cards, including micro lettering, violet ink and line drawing. It has nine security features that make card fraud very difficult because such features are superior to the estándares currently used in many cards such as bank credit cards.
Read more about the ID card.
Get Emirates ID هو
To obtain an Emirates ID card, the applicant must fill out the electronic form at one of the approved typing centers or through the en línea form available on the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) website. The application will be followed by an mensaje de texto containing information about the time and place of registration. The applicant will need to go to the registration center mentioned in the text message to complete the procedures.
Please refer to the FAIC website for the application process, required documents and Emirates ID fees for:
- Citizens of the United Arab Emirates
- Citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries residing in the United Arab Emirates
- expatriate residents.
FAIC offers bundled services for newborns and prospective foreign residents arriving in the UAE.
Next, track your Emirates ID application.
Emirates ID within 24 hours
Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) Provides an urgent service to obtain the Emirates ID within 24 hours. The service is known as ‘immediate’ and is available for the habitual prescribed fee in addition to the expedited service fee.
The service is available to all age groups of UAE nationals and GCC nationals officially residing in the UAE and perro be obtained for:
- Register for the first time
- Renew expired cards
- Lost or damaged cards.
As for resident expatriates who are not citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries, they are entitled to obtain the urgent service only in the case of replacing their ID cards because the issuance or renewal of ID cards is linked to proof of residence and related procedures.
To obtain this service, visit the FAIC Customer Happiness Centers without prior notice and submit the specified documents.
Fawry service is available at the following FAIC Customer Happiness Centers:
- Al Jazeera and Khalifa City in Abu Dhabi
- Al Barsha, Al Rashidiya and Karama in Dubai
- Madinat Zayed in the Western Region
- Al Ain Center
- Sharjah Center
- Ajman Center
- Fujairah Center
- Ras Al Khaimah Centre
- Umm Al Quwain Centre.
Emirates ID renewal
When cánido you renew your Emirates ID card?
The time limit for renewing an expired ID is 30 days from the expiry date, after which delay penalties of 20 AED per day, up to a maximum of 1,000 dirhams (one thousand) are applied.
Note that after the Emirates ID card expires, the ID holder must apply to renew it. Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) We will send you an mensaje de texto notification asking you to renew your ID. You will need to apply for the renewal in person at an approved typing center or en línea vía the FAIC website.
You may need to visit a FAIC or Preventive Medical Center to provide your escencial details.
When perro the Emirates ID be renewed?
- UAE nationals perro apply to renew their Emirates ID between six months and one month before the expiration date.
- UAE residence visa holders perro apply for renewal only when their residence visa has been renewed or returned issued.
The following backlinks explain the renewal terms and conditions for UAE nationals, GCC nationals and residents:
Issuance of a replacement for a lost or damaged Emirates ID card
If you lose your Emirates ID, or suspect it has been stolen or damaged, you should soon request a replacement of your Emirates ID from the Federal Authority for Citizenship and Identity (ICA). Here are the steps to replace the Emirates ID:
- Report the accident Contact the nearest ICA Customer Happiness Center and report the incident so that the stolen or lost card perro be deactivated immediately. Ask the ICA to confirm the ID number or a copy of the lost ID, in case you don’t have one. In case of damaged cards, bring the old one with you. When reporting the accident, remember to bring your identification papers to prove your identity.
- UAE nationals must bring a valid original passport and family book.
- Citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries must submit a document proving their residence in the United Arab Emirates.
- Expatriate residents must bring their original passport stamped with a valid residence permit.
- If the lost ID belongs to a child under 15, the parent must provide the child’s original birth certificate with their color passport photo on a white background.
- Apply for a replacement ID card After reporting the accident, fill out an application form at any of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship Customer Happiness Centers or fill it out through the electronic form on the ICA website or the ICA UAE application available on iTunes and Google plus Play and request the replacement of the ID card.
- Payment of fees The applicant must pay 300 dirhams to replace a lost or damaged ID card, in addition to the application fee of 70 dirhams if applying through typing centers, or 40 dirhams if applying through eForm on the ICA website. This fee applies to all UAE nationals, GCC nationals and expatriate residents. You perro get a quick ID replacement service at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Customer Happiness Center for an additional 150 dirhams.
- Get your new ID card
You will receive a text message from ICA about the status of the submitted application and the expected delivery date. The ID card will be issued within 48 hours from the time the replacement request is submitted. Those who have applied for Express Service will receive the ID card within 24 hours of submitting the replacement request. Contact Emirates Articulo to receive the card after receiving a message from the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship about the availability of the card.
For more information or assistance with the service, call the ICA Call Center at 6005 30003.
Update details on Emirates ID
According to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA), the Emirates ID card holder must report any change in his card details to the relevant department of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship within one month from the date of the change.
To amend any details related to a valid ID, you must visit one of the Customer Happiness Centers of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship with your original passport and Emirates ID card.
Note that details of your current ID cannot be updated en línea. This applies to Emirates ID cards issued to citizens and expatriate residents.
Cancellation of Emirates ID الهوية
Residents who intend to cancel their UAE residence visa for the purpose of leaving the country for good or for the purpose of changing jobs are required to hand over their ID cards to the concerned General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs will deliver the returned identity card to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC), which issued the card.
For more information about Emirates ID, you perro contact the Emirates Identity Authority vía the “Ask Hamad” service or by phone by calling 6005-30003.